The LeGassick Diamond
We love diamonds!
We pay close attention to each of the 4Cs - Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat - ensuring bright, beautiful, sparkling diamonds every single time. Of the 4Cs, cut- its proportion and symmetry- is the most important factor in determining a diamond's beauty, value, and light performance.
What is Diamond Cut?
Diamond cut is the single most important of the 4Cs when it comes to beauty and sparkle. The cut refers to how a diamonds facets interact with light. It is determined by polish, symmetry and proportion.
Why is diamond cut so important?
Cut is the only one of the 4Cs that is affected by human hands. Two diamonds may have the same clarity, colour and carat weight, but cut is what determines whether or not one is superior to the other. Put simply, cut is responsible for the quality and degree of a diamond’s sparkle.
If a diamond is cut poorly, it will appear dull even if it has a high colour and clarity grade. If a diamond is cut well, it will reflect and refract light for maximum brightness and sparkle.
LeGassick hand select all our diamonds to ensure only the best cut diamonds from around the world, those diamonds with a true brilliance and sparkle that needs to be seen, are chosen to become LeGassick diamonds.
Hearts On Fire.
LeGassick is one of the very few Australian jewellers selected to partner with one of the worlds most prestigious luxury diamond brands: Hearts on Fire. Aside from choosing the finest raw crystals and having some of the world's best craftspeople, Hearts on Fire use state-of-the-art technology and tools, making their cutting process a blend of art and science, consistently cutting diamonds to absolute perfection every single time. LeGassick is proud to showcase the “Worlds most perfectly cut diamonds.”
What is diamond colour?
Diamonds come in a range of natural colours, including pink, blue, yellow, brown and green. When we talk about white diamonds, what we are really talking about is the diamonds lack of colour. The less body colour, the rarer and more valuable a “white” diamond is.
Why is colour important?
Colour is important when choosing a diamond as it directly affects the diamond's appearance. Diamonds with a lower colour grade can appear yellow instead of the desired brilliant white.
A LeGassick Diamond is always selected with a colourless or near colourless grading.
What is diamond clarity?
Clarity in a diamond is defined as its freedom from natural inclusions, also known as clarity characteristics. A diamond's clarity is a measure of the purity and rarity of the stone, graded by the visibility of these characteristics under 10-power magnification.
A LeGassick Diamond is chosen to be free from inclusions that will inhibit the diamonds brilliance or quality and are generally difficult to see with the naked eye. You never have to worry about seeing any major inclusions in a LeGassick diamond—our diamonds are consistently chosen for clarity ratings, ranging from Flawless (absolutely no inclusions) to Slightly Included (slight characteristics that can only be seen under 10X magnification, and are generally not visible to the naked eye).
What is a diamond carat?
Diamonds are broken down into carats and points, 100 points = 1.00 carat. Though diamond carat weight is the factor which most affects the price of a larger diamond, cut is the factor that determines how much sparkle and outward beauty it will have.
It’s important to keep in mind that carat refers only to a diamond’s weight, and not necessarily to its size. Even if two diamonds have the same carat weight, the cut of the diamond will affect how large the diamond appears, and how much sparkle it emits.
A LeGassick diamond is always chosen for it's beauty and brilliance, not for carat weight and size.
A LeGassick Diamond truly is a whiter, brighter, more beautiful diamond.
At LeGassick, we look to select diamonds independently graded by the worlds best international grading companies to give you peace of mind and assurance you are getting ethically sourced diamonds of the best quality.
We have carefully curated a selection of diamonds designed to cater for every preference, budget and personal choice. No matter which diamond you choose, you can be assured that it has passed our stringent tests to reflect the name of a LeGassick diamond.
LeGassick Classic Diamonds
Our classic diamond collection feature diamonds that have been hand selected by our certified diamond graders. These diamonds are selected based around the following criteria:
· White diamonds, “near colourless” to “colourless” grading
· Any inclusions are difficult to see with the naked eye.
· They have been selected for their natural beauty, sparkle and light dispersion and brilliance.
The LeGassick Classic Diamond Collection will be accompanied with a LeGassick appraisal certificate for insurance purposes.
LeGassick Signature Diamonds
Our Signature Diamond collection feature diamonds hand selected by our certified diamond graders. These diamonds are selected based around the following criteria:
· White diamonds, with a “near colourless” to “colourless” diamond grade.
· Any inclusions, are very difficult to see with the naked eye and are dispersed towards the outside of the diamond so they do not interfere with the natural play of light.
· LeGassick Signature Diamonds will be cut to some of the best standards from around the world, graded by state of the art technology, using Sarin Diavision technology.
· Selected for their natural beauty, sparkle, light dispersion and brilliance.
We provide an independently graded LeGassick Signature Diamond Certificate to accompany the diamond for piece of mind and assurance, as well as a LeGassick Appraisal certificate for insurance purposes.
GIA Certified Diamonds
Our GIA certified diamond collection feature diamonds hand selected by our certified diamond graders, accompanied with the worlds most recognised diamond Grading certificate from the Gemmological Institute of America. GIA certified diamonds are selected based around the following criteria:
· White diamonds, always graded in the Top 4 colour grades
· Any inclusions, are very difficult to see with the naked eye and are dispersed towards the outside of the diamond so they do not interfere with the play of light.
· GIA certified diamonds will have a triple excellent cut grading, to ensure the cut, polish and symmetry is at the highest possible standards so they perform to their maximum brilliance.
We provide the original GIA certification along with a LeGassick appraisal certificate for insurance purposes.
LeGassick Certified Diamonds
Our LeGassick Certified Diamonds are our premium collection of diamonds, rated by the GIA as the worlds whitest and brightest, hand selected by our certified diamond graders. These diamonds are selected based around the following criteria:
· All are GIA certified diamonds
· All have been laser inscribed on the girdle “LeGassick Certified diamond” for your security and peace of mind
· LeGassick Certified diamonds are the whitest diamonds on earth with a “D” colour grade
· Any inclusions are very difficult to see with the naked eye and are dispersed towards the outside of the diamond so they do not interfere with the play of light.
· They will have a triple excellent cut grading, to ensure the cut, polish and symmetry is at the highest possible standards so they perform to their maximum brilliance.
Our premium collection of diamonds, all come with unique LeGassick Certified GIA certification, 12 month worldwide insurance cover and a LeGassick appraisal certificate.
Responsible Sourcing Standards
The Kimberley Process is an international, cooperative diamond monitoring system designed to eliminate the flow of conflict diamonds, or “blood diamonds.” The 75 member countries that participate in the Kimberley Process agree to trade strictly within the organisation and require that all rough diamond imports be accompanied by documentation issued by the originating foreign participant.
LeGassick only works with vendors and purchases diamonds from countries that adhere to the Kimberley Process.